Why A-1 CAREERS?
Superior Customer Service
Our personalized approach to your specific employment needs; we get to know you, your department and your company.
Our friendly, experienced staff of professionals are here to serve you and your team to the best of our abilities.
How does A-1 CAREERS recruit and retain the best applicants?
- Recruiting – A-1 CAREERS Recruiters are highly skilled and experienced with extensive community ties that go to great lengths to attract top professionals. We seek passive and active candidates through our networks, internet resources, referrals, state of the art technology and sourcing for specific industries. We strive to always have a full pipeline of top talent.
- Interviewing, Screening and Reference Checks – We interview each applicant through behavioral and situational interviewing in regards to their work and educational background, job skills, career goals, work location preference and pay scale. Our unique interview process is proven to have a higher success rate! We also verify past employment to determine the applicants’ dependability, punctuality and job performance. Drug Screening is mandatory of all candidates. More in depth background screening is available upon request.
- Testing – In addition to manual testing for spelling and grammar skills, A-1 CAREERS utilizes the ProveIt software package to assess our applicant’s computer and keyboard capabilities. We can test in the following areas: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, Access, Word Perfect, Data Entry, Lotus 1-2-3, Ten Key, Inverted Ten Key, Speed Typing, Statistical Typing, Standard Transcription, Letter Writing, Short Hand, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Filing, Sorting/Coding, Editing, Proofing, Bookkeeping, Payroll, and General Accounting. We also offer our candidates free skill enhancement training to keep them on par with the ever changing technology.
- Retention – We provide all of our associates with company benefits including PTO, full medical/dental/vision plans, recognition programs and competitive pay.
Can I get a permanent employee from A-1 CAREERS?
What different hiring options are there?
A-1 CAREERS offers several options to find strong permanent employees:
- Direct Hire – Permanent Employees Now! For a one time fee, we will provide qualified professionals for your review. Select the professional that meets your needs today and start them on your payroll tomorrow.
- Contract-To-Hire – According to this option, the contract employee works a designated period of time for your company at our low hourly billing rate. Once the contract period and terms have been fulfilled, the contract employee becomes your employee without further obligation
- Contract/Project – This option allows your company to utilize the services of our contract employees for an undetermined or temporary time frame. Your company will be able to have the skills and talents needed to accomplish certain projects or fill certain positions without incurring any of the hiring cost associated with a permanent employee.
- Professional Search Services – A-1 CAREERS performs professional search services for mid-range to high-end professionals in all skill classifications through dedicated recruiters located at our branch offices. A-1 CAREER’s professional search recruiters use proven techniques, including cold calling, direct sourcing, lead generating and headhunting. Additionally, our teams utilize the latest mobile technologies to search for industry professionals recognized as the best in their field, often passive job seekers. In designing a unique recruiting, screening and sourcing strategy for our clients, we employ our consultative approach to learn about their industry and corporate culture.
- Retained Search – Hiring the right executive or board member is extremely important for your organization and requires the highest level of service and experience. We will only assign these searches to our most senior consultants that have the experience and expertise at placing top executives and board members in the retained search industry. This is a screening process that is typically performed by our most seasoned recruiters; we are usually paid a third of the fee in advance, or a retainer. The remaining fee is usually paid in two additional one-third payments. Our recruiters work on the behalf of your company. High-level executive positions, such as organization officer or senior management, some paying hundreds of thousand of dollars annually, are usually filled in this manner. Generally, a good amount of resources are poured into this type of search in order to find the most talented, highly-skilled applicants with a proven history of outstanding performance in their field.
- Engaged Search – Contained Search is very similar to a Retained Search, yet without your full financial obligation. Ninety (90) days from initiation to completion on average service, requires a nominal upfront projection fee to kick off the search, and the remainder is only due upon the successful completion of the search. This fee is to align and dedicate our resources to target your specific requirements and to deliver only the most talented and qualified candidates. This service offers clearly communicated timelines and extensive in-depth research and interviews. Each candidate brought forward is hand picked and guaranteed to have been extensively interviewed and screened to insure a match to the client’s requirements. This service also allows us to selectively pipeline additional candidates for future positions.
- Contingent Search – Contingent search is another option in finding good talent. There are NO financial commitments on our client’s behalf unless you hire our candidate. Our portfolio of candidates, our process management, our commitment, our follow-through and our service of the “sale” are key components to building long term business relationships and not transactional business.
- Payroll Service – A-1 CAREER’s Payroll Service provides access to skilled candidates you identify without adding to your company’s headcount. We screen, hire, and place referred candidates on assignment at your company based on your criteria, freeing you of the administrative costs, tax obligations and much of the liability associated with adding direct headcount to the payroll.
What are your terms and guarantees?
Our payment terms are generally Net 10. However, we will work with you and your company to find a plan that fits.
For contract employees, we guarantee the first 8 hours.
For direct hire, we have a 45 day, 1 time replacement guarantee.